We held our first event as part of this process on Monday 12th March where people from across Lincolnshire got together to discuss ideas and collaborations at the Red Lion Quarter in Spalding.
It was an open space event – meaning that there were no speakers or a pre-determined agenda. The running order, and topics to be discussed, were pitched and chosen by attendees. Here’s what the agenda looked like in the end:
Notes were taken throughout the session and you can read through the list below. It was a great start to the project and we’re hoping to run a lot more open events in the future!
- Issues around volunteering
- Why don’t people engage in the arts locally?
- Involving professional artists in the community
- Teaching English through theatre
- What does a consortium look like?
- Getting consultation right
- Crossing art boundaries
- Partnerships and breaking barriers between localities