On Saturday 9th September Crowland Abbey are holding a special Abbey Open Day between 10am and 4pm.
The following activities are planned:
– Demonstration of Bell Ringing (you may even get a pull on the ropes) between 10am and Noon
– Trips to the Belfry every hour between 10am and 3pm
– Guided tours of the churchyard at 11am and 2pm
– Guided tours of the inside and outside of the Abbey on demand. (This will include the Parvise Chapel and Canarie Cell – areas that are usually closed to the public.)
– Children’s Trails of both the inside and outside with a small prize for all correctly completed trails
– The visitor centre will be open plus self guides will be available for those that prefer to wander around on their own.
– Tea, coffee and soft drinks will be available.
Admission is free although voluntary donations are always appreciated.