Transported is working in partnership with Inspire Dance, artsNK, Boston Borough Council, South Holland District Council, Leisure in the Community, Lincolnshire County Council (Positive Futures), Sportivate and 1Life to bring Dance Factor to South Holland and Boston Borough districts. Dance Factor allows young people aged 11-18 from across Lincolnshire to get involved in FREE street dance sessions, ending with a battle to be crowned Dance Factor Lincolnshire Champions!
How does it work?
- Thirty new street dance crews are formed across Lincolnshire
- Each crew has ten weeks of FREE rehearsals with a professional dance artist
- All crews compete in a local semi final event to win a place in the Grand Final
- Successful crews compete in a Grand Final event held at a professional theatre venue
- One group is crowned Dance Factor Lincolnshire Champions by a panel of dance industry experts
What’s great about Dance Factor?
- Dance Factor gives young people the opportunity to access dance in their local area
- Dance Factor allows young people to meet new people and make friends
- Dance Factor sessions are held in evening periods giving young people something positive to do in their free time
- Dance Factor provides young people with the experience of performing in front of a full theatre audience, as well as friends and family
- Dance Factor enables young people to develop not only street dance techniques, but many personal skills too such as confidence and creativity
- EVERYONE has a great time!
Funded by the National Lottery through the Big Lottery Fund.
Register your details to keep informed of the project here. For specific enquiries about the Boston Borough and South Holland sessions, contact Kate Thomas on TransportedKate@litc.org.uk or call 07436 162004. For any general enquiries about Dance Factor, please call Alice Carter on 01529 410595 or email email@example.com.