Transported are pleased to be working with Déda on a new Outdoor Arts Development programme for the Midlands called OffSite.
The programme will run for three years and Year 1 will focus on:
Training and development
- Four training/workshop sessions, considering a range of components that will benefit the needs of artists and producers in the region
- Work with key regional, nataional and international partners and funding bodies to deliver sessions
- Host a regional network that keeps the sector connected to regional, national and international activities
- Offer the opportunity to voice and discuss development needs for regional artists
- Create a network of creatives that can support each other’s practice, share knowledge & continue to grow the regional outdoor arts scene
- Networking opportunities to engage with practitioners, festival and commissioning partners in the outdoor sector
- Offer a series of small commissions to outdoor artists to continue to support the development of the sector regionally
- Offer time, space and resources needed to enable artists to flourish creatively
Test Bed events
- Create a succession of events that showcase a series of new outdoor productions at the ‘work in progress’ stage
- Open up new opportunities for audiences, commissioning partners and festival managers to engage with artists at the early stages of the work’s development.