Here are some brief notes on what was discussed at the session on how we can best consult with people about what activities we should be running as part of the project.
- How do we get sharp focus?
- Need to evolve approach
- Mobile spaces that can be moved into communities
- Idea discussed about a mobile arts ‘chip van’ to engage people’s attention and imagination
- Going into schools
- Don’t mention ‘art’? The way it’s presented should not be ‘in your face’, but integrated into everyday life
- People in the room value social impact of the arts. Consortium needs to be clear about what the purpose is.
- Programme should be relevant to the area
- Flashmobs – unexpected spaces. local areas, coverage, social media?